Jonboaters in North Carolina

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes sir, i beleave somebody else may be from the east coast side too. what parts you in? im up here in the western point of nc. i fish in franklin, nantahala lake, and waterville tn

I live in the raleigh area. Only have been fishing falls lake... since spring 2008. originally from north east ohio... miss walleye fishing in lake erie and other lakes up there... Are there any walleye in western nc??? I don't miss the snow at all. there's no way i could make myself fish sitting on a bucket on a frozen lake haha. although have friends that do... i love it down here!

Our cousin has a mountain house up in Newland, just outside of Boone, so we usually go up there once a year. We often fish the little places up on the Blue Ridge Parkway - lake Price, Moses H. Cone park, which has bass lake, etc, and then take the boat over to Lake James. There are walleye in there, and in Watauga lake. What do you fish for them with? There are walleye in Carters Lake, which is only about 30 minutes from my house? I might see about catching a couple next year.

You'll like walleye fishing it's pretty fun. normally you troll for them... you can use different lures and an erie derrie, not sure on the spelling... put some earth worm on the erie derrie usually does the trick. not sure if you can find those lures down in the south. i'm sure theres a ton of ways to catch them just like anything else. i'd use a pretty heavy line or a steel or wire leader for there teeth... there a good fight and they are very tasty. you can take walleye fillets, put them on foil, pour a little olive oil on them, salt pepper, what ever fresh herbs you like, and a couple slices of lemon... wrap them up and put them on the grill. that way is great. oh usually we just always used spinning rods... maybe look up lake erie walleye fishing and you might be able to find a lot more info that will help you out. I'm thinking of taking a trip out to the mountains in nc this summer. do most of the lakes have cabins etc. you can stay in?? i'm so tired of the beach....

https://www.eriedearie.com/catalog/supereire.html Go there it's the erie derrie main page. that should work. your looking for the original "erie derrie"

we have walley up here in the colder lakes, but they're hard to catch. kinda like the muskie, they're here but theres not many. and to date, ive never caught eather :mrgreen: i dont fish the lakes very much, just acouple times a year. We have a smaller river (the little tennessee) that runs threw my town and goes to a dam'd up shallow lake full of sediment i usually fish. its not pressured at all, and there are some monster smallies. i recon i just like the leasure of bein the only boat out there an drinkin a beer and not havin to worry about the game warden haulin me to jail.

most people around here just fish for trout in the creeks

Latest posts