Been busy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fowlmood77

Reaction score
While I had the transom out for replacement, I decided to do a few more (are we ever finshed?) mods.

I added spacers to my fenders so that I could lower the boat as low as it would go on the trailer.
Picture001.jpg

I installed rivetnuts along the sides to attach my rodholders.
Picture013-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

I moved the battery to the stern and relocated my switches and fuse panel to the battery box.
Picture016-1.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

I made a "transom saver" out of some scrape that I had lying around and the tubing was from a camper cover that needed dismantling. The part that attaches to the motor was found at a local boat ramp earlier this year. Transom Saver for free!!!
Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006.jpg

And finally, my proudest achivement, I made a "jack plate" from some 3" angle. It sets the motor back 4" and raised the cavitation plate level with the bottom of the boat.
Picture009.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture011.jpg

After rewiring, she will be ready once again :roll:

awesome job... you just solved a problem I was having in deciding where to put some switches - never occured to me to install them in the battery box!! Great Idea!

Looks really good!!! Where could I pick up some of those rivetnuts at. Any hardware store???

Nice werk.I am steeling your idea on the switches and fuse panel.I'm gonna use weather pack connectors so I can unplug the wiring harness and take the battery box and all.Well,the wiring will stay in the boat. :mrgreen:

Latest posts