Advice needed on small leak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delmonte67

Reaction score
I'm selling my 12' v hull that I modified last summer, and I'm buying my buddy's 14 ' boat. It looks like a really good boat, it comes with alot of extras. He say's the only thing wrong with it is - it has a small leak towards the rear, is this something easily fixed? My 12' footer was always bone dry, and before I buy and mod this new one, I guess I want to make sure this "small leak" is easily fixable without alot of expensive repairs. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! D. 8)

Thanks! I just wanted to know that it could be easily fixed, really hate to part with my 12 footer, but the 14' is just wider and of course room for 3 is nice. Is the 3m 5200 marine sealant easy to find? D.

delmonte67 said:
Thanks! I just wanted to know that it could be easily fixed, really hate to part with my 12 footer, but the 14' is just wider and of course room for 3 is nice. Is the 3m 5200 marine sealant easy to find? D.

Yes.It's in the painting isle with the caulking.It can be found at most home improvement centers and box marts.