Fishing seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
Anybody had any experience with these types of seats for their boats? I've got one of those $40 Wise deluxe plastic jobs from BPS and it's really starting to wreak havoc on my lower back, so it's time I upgrade a little since I've gotten to where I do most of my fishing sitting down in my jon..

I've been looking at this one Centric Boat Seat. I like it, but the cheapest I've found so far is $145 including shipping.. but I'm down in my back right now, and I would pay double that to relieve this pain

Haven't personally seen those seats, but have looked at them online before, and they look ideal for what we want also. The basic Wise seats that came with my rig absolutely kill us (myself and wife), and we've talked about getting better seats come next season. The Wise seats we have cause us lower back pain also, and after a few hours on the water we're whooped. The pedastal seats we had on the Tracker we used to have were made by Tempress I believe (not sure), and they were a lot more comfortable than the Wise brand we now have.

The seats in the back of the Ranger that the guy I usually fish the twice annual allatoonabass.com tourney are very similar to that. If you dug through Ranger's website (they have really turned into the Harley's of bass boats - while they are great products, you are buying the name, and their website shows such), you might be able to find if they are the same. Though they seem awkward when you first sit in them, but you can sit in them all day without your back hurting. I have hereditary back problems (reason I put in the sunk in trolling motor pedal), and they are fine for me. See if you can take somebody's backseat on the DSM board, or Allatoonabass board for a day. I must say, when you pay through the nose on a 50K bass boat, they do put nice seats in them.

I'm looking around on Cabelas right now and this Tempress High Back has the best ratings... and it's cheaper than the one I listed in the first post (this one is $114, and I've got a $20 coupon).

I have one question - I can order the above seat 3 different ways:
1 - seat only
2 - Pin Pedestal
3 - Plug In Pedestal

I just changed my mount on the front deck this weekend, so now I have a pedestal mounting system.. but I don't know what all they are offering.. I think I'd be fine with just the seat though

That's a nice looking seat, and the price isn't bad either. When we change our seats we'll just be purchasing the seats and mounting them on the existing pedastal mounts. Last time we were at BPS Nashville (been awhile), my wife and I were checking out the different model seats by putting them on the floor and sitting in them, lol. Not as good as having them on a pedastal though. People sure looked at us like we were nuts, lol. As a matter of fact, if I were in charge of displaying the boat seats, I'd have them diplayed on pedastals where customers could actually sit on them 8)

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. But, I am assuming you are asking what the difference in the 3 that you listed. The first one is pretty straight forward. Seat that mounts to most universal mounts.

The pin pedestal should be the 3/4 inch style pin like I have in my rig.

The plug in should be similar to these, that are found in many higher dollar bass boats.
https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/...parentType=index&parentId=cat21336&id=0019097

russ,

Found a pic I had showing the front pedastal seat on the Tracker we had. Still thinking they were Tempress, and they were pretty comfortable:

normal_bow_shot.JPG

WW - looks just like the Tempress... I'm thinking about getting the camo color. It's Cordura polyester so I think it may hold up a little better.

Bassboy - you're right, I did a search for the different types after I asked what each was... I've got mounts like you do, well... almost, I ended up getting Offset Pedestal. It took a little while to get used to, but it was definitely worth the upgrade... and now I'm ticked because I see that Bargain Barn just charged me $15 more than I could have got it for from Cabelas... but oh well, I was there and got everything because I wanted it then. Dang stubbornness!

russ010 said:
WW - looks just like the Tempress... I'm thinking about getting the camo color. It's Cordura polyester so I think it may hold up a little better...

Never had any lower back problems with those seats, and I do most of my fishing sitting down also. 8)

I think I slept funny one night last week, so right now I've got a knot the size of my fist just outside my right shoulder blade. I can barely turn my neck (sucks for driving, esp here in Atlanta), stand up, lay down... hell, I can't do anything without wincing. It's been going on since Friday, so I finally took my wife's advice and went to see her chiropractor... he twisted, beat, creaked and broke nearly every bone in my body. I think he was more enamored with how beat up my body was rather than dealing with the problem at hand (funny, he said I had more knots than a fishing net). He couldn't get past the fact that I had never been to a chiro before, and after this I doubt I'll be back again... he squeezed something on the sides of my neck and dang near cut off my breathing. Had I not been in so much pain I probably would have done the same thing back to him just so he knew how it felt.

well it was the best $40 I had spent all week.. up until about 3 hours ago when I started hurting again. I took some muscle relaxers, but no help. Guess I'll just deal with this like everything else.

I have NEVER had someone hold my head in their hand and crack my neck like that. It sent chills down my spine cuz the way he held it was the way I learned to break necks in the military. One twist the wrong way and it's off to tinboat heaven.

well... as much pain as I was in last night, this morning I'm doing better. I can turn my head side to side and the pain is still there, but not quite as bad.

I guess the little sucker fixed me in some way. He did tell me it would take a few days to get better, but I should start seeing some relief in a day or two... I might go back again tomorrow since I have to drive 6 hours to my parents house in South Carolina tomorrow afternoon.

Here's my intermediate "cure" for those aching back pains/knots: Real hot shower or bath, apply some type of topical salve (Ben-Gay, Arthi-Care, etc), an adult mixed drink, then go to bed. Usually, the knots I get around my shoulder blade area are stressed induced, and it takes some stress-free time to reduce them (plus the remedy above). :wink:

Be careful on your trip today!

I tried all of your remedies... they didn't work. I even got in my wife's jetted tub last night with Epsom salt. That was a weird experience too - nothing like water/bubbles gushing up your buddies!

I had to get Tiffany to push the knots out and try to work them out, and that helps a little. I ended up putting a body pillow (long pillows) on either side of me last night so it forced me to sleep on my back, and then used no pillow behind my head. We have a TempurPedic bed (She loves it, I hate it) and ever since we got that thing I haven't had a decent nights sleep.

By the way - I'm leaving tomorrow, and it will be smooth sailing once I get out of Atlanta traffic!

I have been going to a chiropractor every month for over a year and will keep going.
When i first went I was in so much pain I couldn't get of the potty or get out of bed. they xrayed me and did an electric stim test that showed how messed up my back was I started with daily visits for a week then went to 3 times a week and now it is a monthly maintenance visit it still send chills when they snap my neck but i haven't had any pain in a year.
one thing to think about if you question your safety in the hands of a chiropractor ask him how much his malpractice insurance cost him. Mine pays only 2k a year then ask your family doctor what his cost him?

redbug said:
one thing to think about if you question your safety in the hands of a chiropractor ask him how much his malpractice insurance cost him. Mine pays only 2k a year then ask your family doctor what his cost him?

I'm an underwriter so I know how much this stuff costs... but, if I'm paralyzed or worse, who cares how much malpractice he's got. I can't enjoy it.

russ010 said:
redbug said:

I'm an underwriter so I know how much this stuff costs... but, if I'm paralyzed or worse, who cares how much malpractice he's got. I can't enjoy it.
Missed the point by a mile.
They do not have high premiums because the are very safe and cause no harm.
my pain was so bad i felt paralyzed couldn't move for days.

Latest posts