1st real project boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgrabber

Reaction score
Picked up this project boat for 600.00 boat, motor, trailer. Plan on changing from panfisher to bass boat.
boat1.jpg

I used a truck bed extender and some rope to help the cover from sagging

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

Thanks. I hope the motor runs. The guy I bought it from said it was running last year, and garage kept. He actually started to modify the boat already, He has extended the framework on the front deck with aluminum framing. He also left a some lenghts of stainless hinging.

Finally made room in the garage and had some nice weather. Time to get to work. The rear deck is 3.5 ft. front casting deck is going to be 6ft. Still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with my steering. Think I'm gonna have to build a console and use the stick steer that came with the boat.
101_0358.jpg

101_0357.jpg

101_0356.jpg

101_0378.jpg

101_0379.jpg

Thanks. I actually picked the boat up in your neck of the woods down in Turnersville NJ.
Another Day closer only 3 more carpet areas to finish before it comes apart again. Still need to wire lights figure out my livewell build a console and add steering.
101_0391.jpg

101_0389.jpg

Well This was the project from hell. Never got the steering quite righteven after several fabrications. It just didn't turn with ease. Then after I got it together the trottle didn't work on the motor. So I figured forget about the steering, go with a tiller engine. I thought since I will be using it in the river and it's basically a jon boat go with the short shaft. Well that has proved to be the wrong way to think. I cavitate at a very low speed. I'm lucky to get the boat to 5 mph. Even if I cut the transome or add kick plates I will only be able to gain about 3" before the tiller's swing will come into play. May be next year will be the year.
100_0528.jpg

100_0527.jpg

Latest posts