What paint to use??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b8chsr

Reaction score
Okay, I got the boat sanded and 1 coat of primer on. However when I was reading the label, after I put the 1st coat on #-o, I saw "RUST-OLEUM PROFESSIONAL ENAMELS AND PRIMERS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR WATER IMMERSION". I noticed they make a Marine Grade but I thought that label said "for above the water line use only". So my question is... what has everyone else used? Has anyone else used RUST-OLEUM Professional products on their boat? The boat will be used in mostly saltwater. Thanks in advance....

I would recommend Steelflex from fasco epoxies. it works really well and it seals the hull from leaks. it's a little more expensive but totally worth it.when you call to order make sure you ask for the old type of steelflex.

You'll need a paint specificly for salt water.I'd also look into Val-Spar and Interlux Bright Sides,not the stuff sold in home centers.Make sure your electrical work is spot on to avoid stray currents.Electrolisis will cause galvanic corrosion and paint problems in the future.