painting over steelflex

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Coar

Reaction score
Hey all! happy new year! I was wondering if any of you folks have painted over steelflex? I don't want to repaint completely but on the front of my boat I have a sharks mouth. Right now it's made of tape. I would like to paint it. What do you guys think?

Not sure, I have heard of mixing the paint in with it, but not on top.

Here is there website: https://www.fascoepoxies.com/

Telephone: 305 821-9441

Ask for Gerry and he will be able to answere your question.

I'm pretty sure you can paint over it... but I would take Jim's advice and give Gerry a call.

I called them today to see if I could get someone to join here and maybe answer a few of the questions we have...but they were closed. I will try again next week.

i am pretty sure as with any epoxy you can paint over it but only with EPOXY, oil based and water based paint will NOT stick to epoxy.........................Mike

Hi - did anyone ever get a definitive answer to whether you can paint over steelflex? I had the same question - I'm debating between using steelflex and gluvit. I think I would rather go with the steelflex, but maybe not if it can't be painted.

My boat is going to be a combo duck hunting and fishing rig, so I will probably go with a camo paint job on top. I don't want to start painting it only to have the paint not stick #-o . . . Thanks!

Sorry to bump such an old thread. Just wondering what the answer to the question is....can we paint over steelflex? I'm getting ready to steelflex my boat and need to decide how far up the sides to steelflex.

Thanks

JFDBasser said:
Sorry to bump such an old thread. Just wondering what the answer to the question is....can we paint over steelflex? I'm getting ready to steelflex my boat and need to decide how far up the sides to steelflex.

Thanks

They have a large selection of pigments available. The best option is to just apply it the color you want rather than paint over it!!

Latest posts