Waterproofing & Paint Compatibility?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryA

Reaction score
I make some new bunk boards today and applied two coats of Olympic Maximum waterproofing. I'd like to give them a coat of paint also, in that not the entire board area will be carpeted. Does anyone know if painting will have an adverse effect on the waterproofing? There is nothing mention on the can label.

If you are buying this paint/sealer new, then why not just get sealer that already has color applied to it? As long as both the sealer and paint are oil based or whatever, I would think you would be ok.

I'm giving it a shot and spraying the waterproofed bunks with flat black. I figure at the cost of about $20 to make the two bunks, it's not that big a deal if the life would be cut down a bit. Guess I'll find out over time.

I gave the bunks a coat of flat black spray today. I think it will stick fine, the waterproofing was still a little tacky. I have to wait for my bunk caepeting to arrive anyway, so should something appear to turn up it's no loss but two 2x4 pieces. I just used standard 2x4's.

Latest posts