i need all the help i can get

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassmaster71

Reaction score
i am planning to rebuild my jon boat. Iwant toadd a fishing platform to the front and back.if anyone has any ideas on where i should start please help me.i was wondering if i should use wood or what to do my fram in with if anyone has any drawn out plans it would help me alot :shock: :shock: :shock:

what kind of boat do you have? I fixed up my jon boat almost two years ago and it was a blast. I spent several hours drawing up the plans on graph paper. That was definately a huge help. Also, would highly recommend using all aluminum and no wood if at all possibe. It's more expensive but if you can swing it, you'll be glad you did as it will add very little weight to your boat.

its a 12x48 flat bottom jon boat where did you get your livewell if you still have the plans can i borrow them to do my boat please

I got my livewell from https://www.greatlakesskipper.com. They have all kinds of stuff for your boat. Pretty reasonable, too. Also, if I can find my drawings, and if i can get my wife to show me how to shrink it down and get it on here, I'd be more than happy to let you take a look at 'em. I will say though, I would be careful not to build the deck so high that it makes the boat unstable. But then again I've never seen a 12 footer that was 48 inches wide at the bottom, so you might be okay.

bassboy1 said:
I would bet that he is 48 inches at the top, not the bottom.
Yep, he just PM'd me saying it was 48 at the top. That means it will be a 32 at the bottom, as most 1236s and 1436s have around 55 inches at the top.

So, your working with what we call a 1232.
That said, you do not want a casting deck, probably don't want a console, even though heavy-chevy put one on a boat of that width, and will need to keep things light.

I would be putting a flat deck the floor of that rig. For storage, I make a box the same height as the front seat, to mount either in front of, or behind the front seat. Put your battery in the middle (for balance), and use the areas on the edges for storage. If you feel the need for more storage, you can either cut into the stern or middle seat (look at Russ010's project), or make a similar box behind the stern seat, as people rarely will stand behind that. Just make it where the outboard can still mount.

Latest posts