It is mine!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcgreat

Reaction score
Well after many trips to the DMV and a failed attempt to register a boat. I am finally the proud owner of a 2004 1436 Alumacraft. I cannot beleive the trouble I have gone thru to get to this point. The first boat I bought came from out of state and did not have all the paperwork needed to make it legal in FL. I gave up on trying and sold the hull only. I kept the trailer and the trolling motor and purchased this boat for $300. I am very happy and cant wait to mod and fish. here are some pics.

Attachments

• small boat.jpg
    small boat.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,114
  • smallboatinside.jpg
    smallboatinside.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,114
Oh my god, my mind has changed many times, but I finally think I got it figured out. I took it out before it was "officially" mine for a trial run and I realized that I have too much stuff, so the first thing Im looking to get accomplished is some storage so I'm not tripping over everything. I also have an outboard that I will be putting on it to get to the fishing holes a little quicker. The best thing about it is that this boat is newwr and in better shape than the firsst hull I purchased, Some things just work out for the best. Now all I need is the money to get started. Oh well at least I can use it until the funds are available. :D

Thank you all for the congrats. I'm looking forward to modifying the boat. When the funds are available I will post pictures of what I have done. My first project is to make the outboard right and get it on the boat. I just got a new transom bracket in the mail yesterday, the curent one is frozen and the pivot bolt is almost rusted away. My goal this weekend is to get that swapped out. I was going to go fishing but that weather is not looking so good. Unfortunately I wont be able to get it done as fast I as want because I have a couple of kids I need to take care of first. My daughter is looking forward to going out on it also.

I have been on this site for a little bit now and I must say you guys are very impressive on what you make these "tin" boats into. The knowledge I have gained from this website is enough to make me dangerous :)

Larry you are right thank goodness the weather man was way off today. After getting transom bracket changed on the outboard and got the grounds fixed on the trailer I grabbed a buddy and we went out for a jaunt.We even got some fishing in, I caught two trout and and juvie redfish. Boat and trolling motor did very well with both of us in the boat. Im sure It will be even better when I get it on the front of the boat. Here is a picture of the back side of the island we went around to test the batts out.

Attachments

• boat in water.jpg
    boat in water.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,094

Latest posts