Picked up the new boat today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
After months of searching for my first tinboat, today I pulled home a spanking new Alumacraft 1442. Can't wait to get her in the basement and start the transformation. Had originally planned to get an MV1448, but as luck would have it, the dimensions of the 1448 were a little too big to get into my basement. No biggie though. I'm still grinning from ear to ear over this this one :lol:

-- Poolie

alumacraft1442-side.JPG

alumacraft1442-top.JPG

Waterwings isn't going to be happy about this. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the boat. Like I mentioned the other day in the PM, that boat should be plenty wide enough to be fairly stable. Is that a livewell in the middle seat?

Keep us posted.

Bassboy, yeah, that's a livewell, but unless there's more to it that it appears I don't think I would trust it if I really wanted to keep something alive. I'll probably plug it and turn it into a cooler and add my own 'Igloo' type cooler if I decide to do any electric-only tournaments in the future.

Hey i have the exact same boat (except i have a 1648) and i am starting my mod this weekend as well! its going to be interesting to see how our alumacrafts turn out!

Waterwings isn't going to be happy about this.

Lol, all in good fun :wink:

Nice rig! 8) If I hadn't seen the first side view pic of it I would've sworn it was a Lowe, due to rear deck layout. Mine is similar to that but with a hinged lid covering the open rear area where the batts/gas can are stored.

Waterwings said:
Nice rig! 8) If I hadn't seen the first side view pic of it I would've sworn it was a Lowe, due to rear deck layout. Mine is similar to that but with a hinged lid covering the open rear area where the batts/gas can are stored.
The Lowe's just couldn't help but copy the greatness of the better built Alumacrafts. :lol: :lol:

Alumacraft, Evinrude and Minn Kota. Now that is a winning combo.

Ah, just messing with you. I have nothing against Lowe.

Waterwings said:

If there had been a Lowe 1440M within a couple hours of the house I'd have been all over it too :)

poolie said:
Waterwings said:

If there had been a Lowe 1440M within a couple hours of the house I'd have been all over it too :)
Argh. You're not helping here.... :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ben2go said:
Nice boat.Will it void the warranty if you modify it?I was thinking about a 16' when taxes come back.

holy crap - I forgot about my tax refund.... hmmm, could it buy another ALUMACRAFT?!?!?! (probably, but all I would have would be the boat - I think the wife would probably leave me and take everything else)

I just noticed your in Hiram - where did you get your boat at? I want to go look at some new jon boats

russ010 said:
I just noticed your in Hiram - where did you get your boat at? I want to go look at some new jon boats

Hey Russ,

You'll have to pack a lunch to go check out the boats at the place I got it. I picked it up in North Augusta, SC at Belvedere Marine -- a little over 2 hrs from the house. You would think in this economy there would be more willingness to deal with a guy holding a handful of cash, but all I got quoted around Atlanta was list prices. Go figure. David who owns Belvedere said he wasn't surprised, it's the same amount of paperwork to sell a jon boat as it is a $30k bass boat so most dealers aren't very motivated. Jon Boats are a niche for him and he has stacks of them.

One of the pluses of the long ride is that I got a chance to shake out the trailer that came with the boat. After a 155 mile trip home the hubs hadn't even broken a sweat. I had initially planned on picking up one of the cheaper trailers off Harbor Freight or Northern Tool, however the 8" wheels and questionable quality concerned me a little since I'll hopefully be making several long trips down to Lake Weedowee (AL) where my parents have a lake home. Nothing ruins a fishing trip like a broken down trailer on the side of the road.

-- Poolie

Latest posts