First boat, first post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly_Guy

Reaction score
First I want to say this is a cool site, I'm really glad that I found it.

I just picked up a 1448 jon. I can find any info out on the make of the boat. The bill of sale that I got from the previous owned says it a 1976 PBC - Perfect boat company? I've searched the web and didn't find any info at all.

Here are some pics with my lab pup Murphy.

P1170108.jpg

P1170106.jpg

I started the cleanup project this weekend. I live in Colorado and the weather was great. First major problem that I ran in to was the transom was in very bad shape. After removing a ton of rivets, most internal thank god, and six welds I got the old one out.

P1180105.jpg

Next was to get the 3" of dirt, fishing line, sinkers and beer tab (old school style) out and cleaned up.

P1180107.jpg

The deck that I removed wasn't in that good of shape, so I'm going to replace with plywood. Not 100% sure of what kind of finished boat that I was, hoping joining this site will help a lot. The boat is going to be used primarily for duck hunting and some fishing with a little R&R mixed in.

I'll keep posting my progress.

Welcome to Tinboats the nicest people and most tin info on the net.

Cool picture of your lab. I've got one 13 years old and not doing very well.

Nice boat fly guy. Going to make a great project.

Specknred, sorry to hear about the pup. I have a lab mix and she is so awesome, be lost without her.

Welcome Aboard and Nice boat! Lots you can do with one of those. Look forward to reading your progress reports.

Can anyone give me an idea what size motor I should put on this boat? There isn't a capacity plate on the boat, so I really don't know what would be the max size. I was thinking of going between 15 to 20. I don't think the boat will ever see more than 2 people and 2 dogs and mostly used for duck hunting and some fishing.

Thanks

thats a good looking boat it looks to be in great shape for it's age a new piece of wood for the transom and a nice 15 hp and a coat or two of paint and you will be on your way.....nice find ....btw......i wish mine was that wide i have a 1969 1432 sears that i'm getting ready to do surgery on and in the end it will be a 1452.............Mike

Welcome aboard my friend, looks like a good project for ya, better hurry up and geter done, Murphs a waiten!!!!!!

Where in Colorado? I've just started on my first deck in a 12 footer. I'm in Brighton.
Gabriel :D

beer tabs, now thats old school and worthy of hangin on a wall

good lookin boat and pup. i love labs, our yeller just turned 2. best buddy you can have on the water. goodluck with it!

Latest posts