12 ft john boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltonmcgill

Reaction score
do u think i should buy this boat for $150 the motor and trailer dont come with it

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/daltonmcgill7/DSCN089012.jpg

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/daltonmcgill7/DSCN089112.jpg

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/daltonmcgill7/dscn08891.jpg

i dont no yet i would have to see it before i did anything what do you think i should do

You can:

A, Buy it and fish it as is.

B, Buy it, remove those flimsy looking seats, put a low level floor maybe with some flotation foam underneath, a couple of pedestals and seats, paint it, put a small trolling motor mount and go from there. If it leaks you have even more things to do to it. So your looking at some coin anyway.

I myself would do B IF I was to buy it.

The money you spend fixing it and getting it water worthy, you might be able to spend a few bucks more and get something a little newer that needs less work.

Tough choices. How good are you with tools? Is it something you can accomplish?

yea im preatty good with the tools my granpaowns a counter top buisness and my dad runs it so i got all the plywood i need lol im think im gonna buy it i might go get it tonight

How wide is the bottom floor in it? If it's 36" I would say go for it. But I don't know what kind of truck you have. I have a small nissan pickup, and 36" will not fit between my wheel wells in the bed with the bedliner in it. I've also got a 1232 (32" floor) and it fits fine in the rear. I only say this depending on how you plan on transporting it. Remember also that if you plan to carry it in the rear of your truck that all that plywood adds extra weight, and it could be burdensome loading it back in after you've been fishing all day.

In the 1232 boat, I only have a 3/4" piece of plywood bolted directly to the ribs in the floor. You can't really put high decks in it and be very stable.

Welcome aboard also, where are you located?

well i got him to bring the price down to 75 and o and i am located in jacksonville florida

daltonmcgill said:
well i got him to bring the price down to 75 and o and i am located in jacksonville florida

Thats what I was going to say, bring the price down :wink:

I'd give $150 for the boat and trailer but not just the baot, but thats me, $75 be good deal to seal :D

Id say save some money and buy another boat, this one is in major need of TLC.
Its your call though, i mean, a first boat, is a first boat!

yea i bought it friday night it had a couple holes in it but i fixed them with some jb weld :lol:

i was wondering if i took those seats out would the boat fold up while im on the water what should i do if i took them out

You could add some structural ribs made of aluminum.I would build the deck framing up to the ridge where the wood is now and add then put on the decks.I would leave the center open but add a couple ribs.Most jon boat have ribs every 12 to 16 inches.I only seen like 5 in the pics.

there is only 3 ribs and i dont really want to go that high where the wood ist because the boat isnt really stable i was thinkin about only taking a piece of plywood on the front and the middle have something higher for storage and in the back aother piece of plywood i need to keep the boat light but do u think i could use something like this00003012.jpgand bolt it to the boat and screw it to the deck