New Boat Build Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komodopb

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe I missed this forum when I was doing research on building my boat. This would have been helpful a couple of weeks ago, but I still have a lot of work left to do with lots of questions. I'm sure I'll find the answers here, awesome site guys!

You can see my step-by-step project at my clubs website: https://www.twinforksrodandreel.com/Bass Boat Conversion Page.htm

It's a 14ft 1984 Landau with a 36 inch floor. It's a work in progress that hopefully will be finished as soon as it warms up a bit. I live on Long Island and we've had freezing temps for the past 2 weeks so my project is on hold.

I do have 1 question that hopefully someone can help me with. If you take a look at the pics, you'll see that one of the previous owners got drll happy with the transom. I started plugging the holes up with JB Weld, but I was wondering if there is a better solution (other than welding) out there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and I'll be sure to document and update this project as I move along.

Looks like it's going great. You should be fine with the JB Weld. I can't think of anything better that's as easy to use and inexpensive. I used a few tubes on my boat. It was in MUCH worse shape than yours when I got it and it's holding up fine.

That's a pretty neat set up.That transom looked horrible.I believe I would have cut it out and replaced it or at least re-enforced it with so .25 aluminum plate.Nice build. =D>

Thanks for the support guys. I haven't been working on the boat due to the cold temps here on Long Island, but today we got a break with a 50 degree day. I was able to pretty much finish up the transom repairs and bracing for the rear deck. I have more pics posted on the original link if you want to check them out. My next job is to start painting. I think I'm going to move the boat into the garage and use a heater to help get this project moving along. Has anyone ever heard of Parker Duck Boat Paint? I found it on Cabelas and looks like it got pretty good reviews for a good price. I think I'm going to go with the Marsh Grass Color.

ben2go said:
That transom looked horrible.I believe I would have cut it out and replaced it or at least re-enforced it with so .25 aluminum plate.

Attachments

• paint repair 3.JPG
    paint repair 3.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 720
  • Inside 2.JPG
    Inside 2.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 718
Great job! You're design reminds me of mine quite a bit, and I've got your same switch panel! Still kicking around the best place to put it (I fish from the back of the boat). Great job! I'm hoping to paint mine before I finish bolting the deck to the frame. What are the dimensions of your boat?

looks good man - I like how you did all of the modding, and the storage in the rear floor.

baptistpreach said:
Great job! You're design reminds me of mine quite a bit, and I've got your same switch panel! Still kicking around the best place to put it (I fish from the back of the boat). Great job! I'm hoping to paint mine before I finish bolting the deck to the frame. What are the dimensions of your boat?

It's a 14' 36". The paint from Cabelas is supposed to be delivered today, so hopefully I can get it started this weekend and start the wiring by next weekend.

Latest posts