got my design done

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agengo02

Reaction score
well i may have gone a little crazy in Paint, but here is the basic design i want for my front end deck. finally got some measurements on the boat. here is the pic and i will explain everything below:

0123091113.jpg

ok the black lines are the dimension lines. the red lines are where the marine plywood (probably going with 1/2" for weight concerns) deck will be. the silver bars (light silver is the top part and the dark bars is the bottom frame) is the framing for the deck. any ideas on cutting the horizontal bars long enough to actually help support the gunwales of the boat? the maroon striped lines is the opening to the front storage hatch. going to use 2 heavy duty hinges and just a rope to pull it open. its going to rest on half of the 1" alum. bars except for the bow end. going to leave more room so the hatch can swing all the way open and past 90* to stay open for ease of access.

questions:
will lowes or home depot carry the aluminum tubing? i have never really worked with aluminum so what would be the easiest/cost effective way of cutting it? i have a skill saw and thats about it cutting wise.

im a computer drafting student so i like to practice with semi-technical drawings as much as i can. stay tuned for similar drawings for my small waterproof hatch and my battery storage area.

Looks like a good plan.Any plans for the rear?I would look for a local metal supplier for the aluminum.The stuff at Lowe's and Home De Pot has unreliable quality.

That looks great!

What size boat is it and what size motor will you be pushing it with?

its 13'9" long and is a 32" bottom. im using a 30# thrust trolling motor for now but will be getting my other grandpa's old 5.5 hp johnson. the motor is in amazing shape so hopefully it wont take much to get it running. if i can beef the transom up enough id like to put maybe a 9.9hp max on it.

also scratch the 1" tubing. im pretty sure i will go with 2" if i can find it somewhere. do yall think 2x2 boards would work just as well? i know they will be a little heavier, but if i cant find the aluminum i need an alternative.

With a 32 in bottom, I would rethink putting a deck. Your boat will be too tipsy when your up that high. Just my .02. I would hate to see you do all that work and then you might hate it, or even worse fall in.
You might be better suited with a level floor and pedestal seats.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :D

nice design. I dont think you went crazy in paint, atleast not quite as crazy as me.

Attachments

• rough sketch 1.jpg
    rough sketch 1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 422