So does this seem like a good deal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner1

Reaction score
I found a Sears 12 ft. v-hull near me that comes with a 7hp Wards Sea King motor. They look decent in the pics. The asking price is $600. Can anyone tell me the quality of either of these two? Should I jump on this deal?

Here are the pics:

searsboat4.jpg

searsboat3.jpg

searsboat2.jpg

searsboat1.jpg

Seems okay. If you could get away with getting the motor real cheap, and if it is in your payment options you could get a brand new alumacraft from around 1100.

either way u could get this boat and fix it up the way you want for the price of a new one. Up to you, i just dont have enough faith in myself to buy used. lol

does that include the trailer? If so it sound legit to me.

I bought my 14' Alumacraft with a 6HP Johhny and trailer last spring for $750. I had the owner put the outboard in a bucket and run it for me though.

Trailer title was in his name, boat registration was in his name and he ran the outboard for me. it was an easy choice for me.

My buddy has that motor on his Meyers - it's a good running little motor. I'd ask the seller if you could take it to the lake to run it and check for problems before you give him the $600 he's asking for.

Can anyone give me any info on the quality of the boat itself? BTW, this doesn't include the trailer. I was thinking of offering $400 and taking it from there.

The only person to get info on the quality of the boat itself is you. Is it dinged up all over the place, are there holes, any rivets missing, does it leak, etc. I would go ahead and offer him $400 and negotiate a little... that never hurts.

crazyeddie said:
The only person to get info on the quality of the boat itself is you. Is it dinged up all over the place, are there holes, any rivets missing, does it leak, etc. I would go ahead and offer him $400 and negotiate a little... that never hurts.

I meant Sears boats in general.

Not much better or worse than other hulls. Condition is what you need to look for, not quality. A bad quality boat is going to wear out quick, so a check of the condition (ignoring cosmetics) should show you what the quality will be.

Latest posts