Any yeas or nays for Landau boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner1

Reaction score
I found this one about 90 minutes from my home. He wants $600 for it and says there is only a little room for price negotiation. It looks very wide and stable to me. Seller also states it in perfect condition.

landau2.jpg

landau1.jpg

Waterwings said:
What size is the Landau rig? Will it require a trailer to haul it, or will it fit in the back of a pickup?

It's a 14 footer.

Captain Ahab said:
What happened to the Sears boat?

I've been looking into ALOT of boats lately. I already own a 1967 Starcraft Jupiter 16', but I'm looking into getting something a little more manageable for the small lakes and creeks by me. I want to make sure that any boat I buy isn't a fixer-upper like the Starcraft was/is. Besides, since my girlfriend is making me go to Disney World for the third time in twelve years and is spending our " joint " tax return to do it, I figure MY tax return is MINE to spend as I see fit!

gunner1 said:
[I figure MY tax return is MINE to spend as I see fit!

Let me know how that works out for ya... you might just have a boat and no girlfriend! :beer:

russ010 said:
gunner1 said:

Let me know how that works out for ya... you might just have a boat on no girlfriend! :beer:
No problem there. Yes, they both cost about the same, but the boat doesn't mind if you leave it sitting in the driveway for 2 weeks. It still is happy to work the next time you back it into the water.

russ010 said:
gunner1 said:

Let me know how that works out for ya... you might just have a boat on no girlfriend! :beer:

Nah, she knows that this is the way it is. Not being a pig or anything. We do the same thing every year- she claims our son on her taxes. ( We're not married obviously but we've been together for 12 years.) Then whatever my tax return is I keep it all and she takes the same amount out of her state/federal return., The rest of her return we spend together on bills or whatever. It's a VERY nice and mutually benficial way to do things. This year she wanted to take our soon to be seven year old son Hunter to Disney again because the first time we took him ( my SECOND time at Disney!), he was only a few months old. SHe knew that meant less "play money" for her but she was okay with that. She'll probably still have at least $500 to play with.

bassboy1 said:
russ010 said:
gunner1 said:

No problem there. Yes, they both cost about the same, but the boat doesn't mind if you leave it sitting in the driveway for 2 weeks. It still is happy to work the next time you back it into the water.

I've said the same thing about hotrods and guns to her MANY times! Also, none of these things will follow you from room to room nagging your ***!

What is the MINIMUM size motor you think I could get way with on this boat that would offer good forward progress without bogging down from the weight/friction of the boat, yet not be over doing it?

gunner1 said:
What is the MINIMUM size motor you think I could get way with on this boat that would offer good forward progress without bogging down from the weight/friction of the boat, yet not be over doing it?
What is it, a 1448? If so, 15 - 20 would be reasonable. 9.9 minimum, but I doubt you would like that too much. Since you are looking for lightweight, I would definitely be looking at 2 strokes (think Johnson/Evinrude, the king of 2 strokes).

Latest posts