Best way to patch this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogsluvtrux

Reaction score
What's the best way to patch this?

It doesn't need to be like new, just smooth enough to paint and water-tight...

Sorry, I didn't think about taking one from inside the boat, but it is right next to a gusset if that matters...you can see the rivet on the edge of the hole got a little dinged.

Attachments

• HoleInBoat (600 x 450).jpg
    HoleInBoat (600 x 450).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 677
russ010 said:
This is what you're looking for... especially if you want to paint over it.

Cut off a little, knead it in your fingers and put it in and around the hole. Shave off any excess and let it cure. You can sand this stuff down smooth and then paint over it.
https://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/p...4&gdftrk=gdfV2348_a_7c404_a_7c1148_a_7c252704

I second russ010's suggestion. I used Star-Brite and it worked great. Mind you, I used it under the water line and I would not recommend that for a long term solution. Above the water line will last you forever and a day. Below might last a week less...

:D

Do exactly what russ010 said and it will look as good as new. And stay away from gang controlled fishing holes to avoid any future bullet holes in your rig... unless you plan on armor plating that thing... :shock:

dogsluvtrux, Where are you located. If you're anywhere around central illinois, I can weld that up for you.

Brad

This may not work for everyone... but I used this stuff in some bullet holes (don't ask) on the bottom of my other boat (under the water line) and it's held up fine for the last 3 years... I scraped the metal up a little bit and this adhered to it just fine

russ010 said:
This may not work for everyone... but I used this stuff in some bullet holes (don't ask) on the bottom of my other boat (under the water line) and it's held up fine for the last 3 years... I scraped the metal up a little bit and this adhered to it just fine

:!:
Let me guess... jealous husband shooting at you while you were making a getaway?

:wink:

cprince said:
russ010 said:

Let me guess... jealous husband shooting at you while you were making a getaway?

... something like that - it was pre-spawn \:D/

no, I shot an 6.6' long rattlesnake with my glock. I turned the boat over and she was curled around the benches and looked at me.. if she hadn't looked at me, I wouldn't have shot her, but I've been in 1 too many encounters with them like that

russ010 said:
cprince said:
russ010 said:

... something like that - it was pre-spawn \:D/

no, I shot an 6.6' long rattlesnake with my glock. I turned the boat over and she was curled around the benches and looked at me.. if she hadn't looked at me, I wouldn't have shot her, but I've been in 1 too many encounters with them like that

:shock: Good God!!

The most dangerous thing we will find up here in our boats are Muskie! I had considered shooting one due to the size of their teeth... but the tree huggers would get after me!

Did you eat the rattler? I hear they taste like chicken!

I didn't eat that one, but I do eat them.. I skinned that one - 13 rattles and a button.

It tastes like chicken, but it's got a twang to it... kind of hard to explain

Wow :shock: was not expecting that...

Sorry, I've been busy at an equipment show last week.

sparkbr said:
dogsluvtrux, Where are you located. If you're anywhere around central illinois, I can weld that up for you.

Brad

I'm about 5 miles East of Champaign...Where abouts in Peoria are you?

dogsluvtrux said:
Wow :shock: was not expecting that...

Sorry, I've been busy at an equipment show last week.

sparkbr said:

Brad

I'm about 5 miles East of Champaign...Where abouts in Peoria are you?

That's add luck... I'm actually right by the Peoria Airport. PM me your email and I'll give you directions if you wanna bring that thing up sometime.