1964 12 ft restore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBH

Reaction score
This is the 1964 jon boat that I bought w/ trailer for $450. Took about 35-40 hours to restore. 12' long with xtra deep gunnels. Extremely stable for a jon boat. Boat stands me $1200 with 2 new monster batt's, motor, trailer tires and bearings, etc. Herculiner (truck bed liner) used for bottom, transom and foot rests. Paint is interlux brightside.

purchase day
02apr003.jpg

02apr018.jpg

an idea of how thick the old carpet glue was. Removed it w/ orbital sander and 40 grit paper
02apr020.jpg

primer coats
2005017.jpg

carpet, floors, paint seats, handles and logo
2005028.jpg

2005.jpg

2005056.jpg

2005055.jpg

2005052.jpg

2005077.jpg

2005066.jpg

Hey LBH welcome aboard! I don't get on bassresource as much as I used to, so it's good to see another friendly face.

I finally got to watch the show you did on Lunkerville TV - awesome job!

Hey LBH welcome to tinboats.net! I have always admired your conversion. I love that paintjob!

Thanks for the compliments and the warm welcome guys! Paul (mod) (not sure of his name here yet, bassectomy,hoist-n-hogs?) told me to make sure I came and checked this site out, looks great.

As for the herculiner,...was big mistake!!!!

Didn't hold up on the v-channels, scraped off eventually from the way we have to launch on the rocks (see end of Lunkerville show)

Added a ton of drag too,....boat is already a heavy one, didn't need that!

Good to see you over here. I was surprised you hadn't found this place before. Your boat certainly deserves a thread over here. Welcome aboard.

Forgot to ask in my previous post: How solid are those pedestal bases? Are they simply screwed directly into the seat?

Welcome LBH, good to see ya and your boat over here :D

LBH helped out alot on giving me tips on prepping my boat :wink:

I still don't see how you got time for all this :lol:

Did someone say Lunkerville.
I DVR'd every show last year and watched them all at least once. Great show! =D>

I didn't see it this year, what channel is it being broadcast on?
I have Dish network if that helps any?

jaja im watching LBH on tv (well online) but hey he was on tv!! thats soo awesome!!!

awwww,,, i saw the part you and the host pulling the boat off the rocks,, ouch all that hard work,,, scratch!!!!!!!!,, but hey everyone in lunkerville saw your boat on tv,,lol
good job anyways

Any chance you could hook me up with details on how you did the paint, from start to finish? Brands, process etc....Thanks and nice ride!!! Love the orange and black.

Latest posts