Back of truck 10fter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrand33

Reaction score
Wanting to haul a 10' jon in back of 07 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. It will hang out back end but only 18" or so. Anyone do this? Is a 10' to unstable for seats or deck mods. Really don't want to go any longer if I can help it. But want a strip pit/pond boat.

Rand

:WELCOME:
Thanks for joining! :beer:

That will work! I hung a 10 footer off my Tacoma! Make sure the heavy side (batteries) are by the cab and of course tie it down with bungee cords.

You'll be fine hauling that.. but I might would use ratchet straps insted of bungee cords to keep it in.

I do haul a 12' in the back of a long bed nissan p/u. I tied a red flag (rag) to the front handle because I was pulled over once for not having it on there. I thought nothing could extend past 4' without a tag, but apparently I was too close to that for his liking. Let me go with a warning, but better safe than sorry.

I haul one in a short bed stepside Ford Ranger.I had swivel seats but I am redoing it.My boat is really narrow even for a 10 footer.Pics are in my sig below.I hope to start back on it in a few weeks.I have to replace the benches they have split under the swivels.The swivels weren't re-enforced under the bench.

my boat hangs a good 4ft out of the back of my silverado. its a short bed w/ a tool box so theres not much room back there. no problems my way

I brought my 10 footer home in the back of my Dodge dakota short bed with an over the rail toolbox (lost 2 feet). I put it in stern first, 2 ratchet straps and a carabiner with a red flag on it clipped to the bow handle... good to go!

Latest posts