First time Post Please help !!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel654

Reaction score
I can't tell you guys how much you've taught me just by reading post after post. I'm new to the boat world and your know how has really helped out along the way thanks all. And now the question ( first of many )

Looking to replace the floor on my 14ft Sea Nymph and didn't want to go carpet again. Any suggestions for alternate deck coverings ? I am looking into rhino liner but am not sold yet. I would like to hear some feedback on the rhino if anyone has used it. Open for suggestions

P.S. this is my first boat and I am being told by buddies not to go carpet again they say it gets dirty, hard to clean, hooks. Are my buddies being cry babies or is carpet the way to go ?

I agree with minicuda.If you don't bolt floors and decks in,you can pull them out, and hose them off.A couple people have used Rhino liner but wasn't happy with it.A few others have used rubber or foam mats, like is used in manufacturing,for workers to stand on.This option will be easy to keep clean and deaden sounds coming from the hull,keeps from spooking fish as easy.Wood and carpet probably work best for sound dampening.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :beer:

The rhino lining would work. It would not be as quiet if you drop something, and during the summer it does get hot. If wet it is more slippery than the carpet I think (just from stepping in the bed of my truck)Are you worried about stains and stuff? or just the fact that it might rot in the future?

I'm more concerned about rot down the road. I don't mind spending the money I just want to do it right the first time and not be kicking myself in a couple years. Thanks for the replys everyone

If you're not worried about the price - then skip wood all together and use aluminum brackets and flooring. Bassboy1 did an awesome job with his boat - there's not one piece of wood in his boat. he used carpet glued to the aluminum, and I've fished with him many times. When the carpet gets dirty, I'm not sure if he just hoses it out or what.

in my 1236 I've got carpet on wood, and when I get it muddy (quite regularly) I just let it dry, go over it with a stiff brush to losen it up and suck up the junk with my 5hp garage vac. Looks brand new everytime afterwards. I've got rubber backed carpet, and the wood has a coat of deck paint on it to resist the weather

Latest posts