FINALLY! my boat pics (thank you Jim!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodStone

Reaction score
*Some of you already know this story, but some may not. The only difference is now I finally can post the pictures. =D>
Two summers ago, I rescued a 12' lightweight aluminum Jon Boat (the kind a guy can load into a pickup bed by himself without getting a major hernia doing it). My 275lbs numb-skull brother-in-law & my wife's foster brother got in it, & the boat said "not today boys" & it proceeded to sink-rapidly. The ribs were broken & some rivets popped. :idea: He tried to fix it using just JB Weld & you can guess the outcome of that little endeavor.. #-o . So he was going to take it to the scrap yard, before I rescued it & fixed it right. Anyway, I drove up to his REMOTE cabin & retrieved it. On the way out, I stopped at the end of the very long driveway to talk to this old timer who happened to be the only resident around literally for miles. The place was so far off the beaten path, the guy didn't even have electric lines running out to his house. He used a 10,000 watt propane generator. Anyway to wrap this yarn up, I stopped to let the old timer know who I was & that he knows I didn't steal the thing. He says to me "Boats!" "You like boats? I got one for ya, a car topper-$50.00". I'm thinking to myself, "ok, yeah right it'll be a real beauty :roll: some homemade, leaky plywood, carpenter ant infested piece of crap". Boy was I ever wrong! :shock: There, sitting upside down was a 14' aluminum V-hull Sea King in excellent shape (not a loose rivet anywhere). Needless to say, I didn't hesitate to return to grab up that sucker. I just recently picked up a trailer for it in decent shape for another $50.00. Anyways, here are the pics. I've did some minor alterations to it last summer (outside paint for trailer & boat, trailer lights & boards, moved the crank & put in another roller, etc..). The outboard I also picked up last summer for $35.00 (had a bad CD stator which I repaired & it now runs like a top-not bad for sitting dormant at least 10 years in some guys shed). I hope this spring to start the modification process full bore (btw, in the pics you'll see those brackets I was talking/thinking about removing in another post). Hope to have a photo story like the rest of you guys & hopefully it'll look at least as half as good as some of the boats I've seen pics of on here [-o< . Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.
(I apologze for the blurriness but baby, it's cold here in Mich.in the winter :lol: )

Boatmotorbowpics.jpg

Boatmotorbowpics014.jpg

Boatmotorbowpics015.jpg

Boatmotorbowpics013.jpg

you got one helluva deal! $135 for the whole setup. Now you can spend more in your mods!

russ010 said:
you got one helluva deal! $135 for the whole setup. Now you can spend more in your mods!

Thanks!
Well actually the CD Stator (which wasn't easy to find at a reasonable price let me tell ya) cost me $150.00 new.
So it's $285.00 (but obviously I'm not complaining). As soon as my other boat sells (it's posted here as well in the sales forum) [-o< , I'll use that $$ for the modifications to this boat (that is of course IF the city EVER stops raping me on property taxes & absurd water bills :x ).

Nice ride! You may want to keep an eye out your window... the police are on their way because you stole that boat for $135! Great Deal! =D>

Latest posts