pro strike vee hull?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deermaster

Reaction score
https://www.directboats.com/pro14.html
i was looking at this boat, only 97 bucks to ship it, weight capacity is alot more that the 1436 jon, and it should handle any chop better than a flat bottom. i googled prostrike, and they only sell through directboats.com, and was wondering how good they are. you think it will last 5 years or more of hard use? would this be a better choice for shallow saltwater fishing than the the 1436 jon, with 2 people? thanks again for any info, mike.

The V hull might be a bit more tippy than the flatbottom but the material difference is the main thing.

That V bottom is only .05 :shock: . That is pretty thin stuff. I don't know that I would count on it making 5 years or more of "hard use".

Quackrstackr said:
The V hull might be a bit more tippy than the flatbottom but the material difference is the main thing.

That V bottom is only .05 :shock: . That is pretty thin stuff. I don't know that I would count on it making 5 years or more of "hard use".

I agree.If you add floors,don't hit anything,you should be ok.It would be a little tippy with a front deck.It'd do good in a chop.If you're not gonna be in a heavy chop,I'd go with a mod V or a flattie jon.They're more stable than a V.