maybe fix what i have?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deermaster

Reaction score
104_0372.jpg

i came on here looking for advice about buying a new boat, i still am interested, but after reading the mod section, you got me really wanting to fix the boat up i have. the boat is ideal for what i want, a 15' v starcraft, from 1963. i bought it and the trailer for 250, and thought i was good to go, but i found the transom was rotten, and after tearing that out, found alot of corrosion from some bonehead replacing every bolt back there with steel bolts. i didnt want to fix it at the time, just buy a ready to go boat. but now im really thinking about fixing it up, looks like alot of fun and satisfaction. ill post some pics tomarrow of the corrosion, and let the experts take a look. thanks for all your patience with me, i really appreciate it. so from what you can see in the pic, does it look like it would make a nice shallow saltwater boat for 2? thanks again, mike.

Geez. All this time, we didn't realize you had something that would be about perfect for your needs. #-o

A 20 - 30 horse would push that quite nicely. Provided the corrosion isn't that bad, a transom on those is an easy fix. Post up some more pictures.

i know, i know, :mrgreen:
when i first found the corrosion, i just wrote it off, and was going to junk it when aluminum went back up, but these last couple of days i got thinking about it, went out and looked at it this afternoon and maybe it aint so bad lol.
i will post pics tomarrow to see if its enough there to work with. i think it just might work. thanks again, mike.

deermaster said:
and was going to junk it when aluminum went back up
May as well use it. Price of aluminum is likely going to stay down for awhile, which is fine with me, as I am doing a lot more buying than selling, but it still hurts every time I go to sell, thinking of what I would get for the same load 2 years ago.

Latest posts