question about getting a title on a homemade boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemical

Reaction score
im thinking about geting this boat its fiberglass, its a 15' fiberglass boat, the owner doesnt have a model,serial, or brand of this boat either a title it was given to him, and he wants to get rid of it, he needs space he claims,, it looks pretty good,
but i just dont knwo if i would be able to get it title.. since it doesnt have a serial or anything,
anyone in florida knows if i can get a homemade boat title?
of it you can see what kind of boat this is?
thanks
https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/1022434056.html

yeah , didnt think about how heavy that will be,, ****,, now im thinking twice about it..

Kinda makes me wonder why the guy selling it doesn't have a title of some sort also, plus the urgency of the "...,must sell today!" makes me a little leery. I would think he'd have an easier time selling it if it was in front of his house instead of behind the house. Just my thoughts :wink:

he wont answer me how heavy it is?? i asked him
(kemical)15' fiberglass boat can be pretty heavy,, how heavy is this boat, 300, 400lbs??
(owner) are going to be able to take boat
(kemical) how heavy is it????
,, if its like 500lbs i cant put the boat myself,,lol

still waiting for an answer!

now that you mention it,, i wonder if its stolen!!

now he just said its 350lbs
(owner) its about 350 pounds me and my son will be here all day

mmmm :-k

now that you mention it,, i wonder if its stolen!!

That was my thought. I still think a 15' fiberglass boat would be heavier than 350lbs, plus it looks old enough to have wood (posssibly water-logged) structural members in it, but I have been known to be wrong before. My 16' all-aluminum boat (just the empty hull) weighs in at around 420lbs.

jajaja did my lil research ,,,,
the boat may be stolen,, but i know that the owners been arrested in late aug, 2 counts of domestic battery,, forget that,,
offer too good to be true!!

love the power of information super highway!!! THE INTERNET

Latest posts