Goop Removal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishinfool

Reaction score
Hey guys, I started working on my new 12ft boat today, got the carpet out, the old nasty floorboards out, the pedestals and seats removed and I managed to wash it up pretty good til my pressure washer died :( . Now I have been working on getting all of the silicone goop off of the boat where a previous owner decided to "glue the floor boards to the floor, I've tried a razor which gets up most of it but I still have huge amounts on the bottom outside of the boat where said previous owner drilled through the floor...any suggestions about a better way to get all this crap off my boat?? Thanks for all your help guys.

Wire brush like you get at Home Depot on an angle grinder. The braided one like in the picture will work much better than the standard bristly one. Just be careful, as if you push real hard, it will eat into the aluminum. However, for it does work wonders in getting glue, 3M 5200, and light surface corrosion off in preparation for carpet or paint.

Latest posts