PRO TEAM 165 BUZZER/ALARM

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skillet309

Reaction score
I have a PRO Team 165 that a buddy basically left at my house for two years and I use it whenever I want. He has all but given it to me. Last weekend I was out CASTING and while running at full speed, I started hearing a loud buzzing alarm going off. My first thought was, I'm overheating. I looked back and had good flow coming from the motor. I did get the lower part of the engine in some pretty soft mud at the beginning of this run. I do not have books or technical info for this boat, so I am reaching out to some forums to help with trouble shooting. The boat has set for two days and the buzzer still goes off as soon as I turn the key on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ART

What engine is it - year, make and model?

A constant buzzing usually means that either the oil reservoir is out (on a 2 stroke) or overheating. You may have gotten mud in the sensor?

It was oil related. I drained the oil resevoir and the float switch is so saturated, it does not want to float in the heavy oil. Now i need a new oil tank or find someone to fix this one. It is a 2001 50hp mercury. the oil resevoir is on the front of the motor. thanks for the inputs.

ART

Skillet309 said:
It was oil related. I drained the oil resevoir and the float switch is so saturated, it does not want to float in the heavy oil. Now i need a new oil tank or find someone to fix this one. It is a 2001 50hp mercury. the oil resevoir is on the front of the motor. thanks for the inputs.

ART

Glad you figured it out before it got serious!

Jim

Latest posts