Front deck -HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delmonte67

Reaction score
Hey Fellas! I need help on installing a small front deck for a pedestal seat. I need more room for casting for 2 people, it gets a little cramped between rear seat and middle. Building platforms for the rear and middle seats were cake, I just toggle bolted through the pedestal plates, then through the wood platforms, then into the aluminum benches- super sturdy tight support. I have a small corner bench seat up front, want a least a 2-2 1/2 foot long wood platform for someone to have pedestal seat and foot area. Can I weld a longer plate next to the small bench up front for support for a pedestal base and wood flooring? Any ideas appreciated! Thanks! D. 8)

Attachments

• th_carpetdone-1.jpg
    th_carpetdone-1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,285
  • th_frontcarpet.jpg
    th_frontcarpet.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,285
I would think you should be able to... but man, that dude would rock the boat!

In my 1236 flat jon, the guy I bought it from had seats on all 3 benches, whoever sat in front had to have been half in the water because it's pretty tight.. almost fishing on top of each other.

Why don't you just make a removable deck for when another person fishes with you...

I just want one person up front, and me in the rear, the middle seat in the photos wont be used at all. A removable seat sounds flimsy. I want a base underneath to be solid and non- movable, like the ones already attached to the benches. Can you weld aluminum to aluminum? Thanks D.

OH... I thought you were wanting to add another person... but yea, you can weld aluminum to aluminum... but you have to have the right wire and all that stuff.

You would be best to run 1 sheet of decking from the top of that middle bench parallel to the front. It won't be leve with the front bench (I don't think), but you can rivet a piece of aluminum to the front bench for your decking to rest on. You would really only need supports underneath where you want your pedestal seat