1971 Grumman 15' Semi V Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis1022

Reaction score
:?: I have bought this boat last week, with tilt trailer 25 HP Evenrude and 35# Minn Kota transome mount. I had already removed the old torn carpet. Then I had taken off the 3 wooden benches which were rotten. The trailer had to have the wires replaced and the tail lights. I have the problem of where do I begin from here! I like to have a pedestal seats but not to high. Also like to put in storage space and light and other things. The one problem I found is that the boat bed don't show ribs only on the bow! The floor is one long sheet of metal with rivets all around the floor. I'm not sure if the floor rivets are popped into the bottom of the boat. The bottom of the boat and sides are painted with a think coat looks like oil paint and the color is Black. My question, is has anyone work on this brand and size before?I haven't seen anyone else restore or convert this type of boat! Any information would be greatly appriciated. What I like to do is have 2 trolling motors minn kota's 55lb thrust and 33lb thrust, and 2 hummingbird Piranha max 15 and humminbird piranha max 220. I like to put the switch system with toggles in front and rear. One other thing is I'm going to put in the gas can area is a vent so gases won't build up! What do you all think of this. I will also have 3 seats 2 of them will be pedestal.
Thank You in advance
Dennis

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-06.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-10.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-12.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-09.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-01.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-05.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-04.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-03.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-02.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-11.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-07.jpg

1971Grumman15SemiV-Hull-08.jpg

Welcome to the site.

Where to go from here?
REad up on some of the other build, remodel threads to get some ideas.
As for hte trailer lights you can buy a kit in a variety of places.

To find out if you have a false bottom will take two people. One to pound on the floor with a hammer and the other to put his hand on the hull to see if he can feel the hammer taps. If oyu feel the taps, there is no false floor.

Check your state regulations. I belive there are some laws governing seat height for running on the water.

Welcome Blue Dennis! :LOL22: :WELCOME: :WELCOME:

Post a few pictures and we can see what the heck you are writing about

and do not be blue - we will help

Thanks, I'll try to get some photo's tomorrow. I've been so busy doing paper work haven't had time to go fishing either.But I will look over other members retrofitting and get some Idea for my boat.

Welcome to the site. Like was mentioned, post a few pics, and browse a few builds. I am sure you will get so many ideas that your head will swell to the point of explosion! Well ok, maybe not that many ideas.... But it will help you see what others have done with similar boats. A picture is worth a thousand words they say.

Thank you for your welcome, as for the pictures!
I have tried to download a photo of the boat just before I purchased the boat. Could anyone tell me what I have to do to enter my photo's. When I first had to read the agreement the page stated to go to PHP something like that to download. This all I remember as for now!
Thank You!
Dennis

you can directly attach them if they are 800 wide or smaller and 150k in size.

Or if you have a photbucket account (free and preferred) just upload them there. pick the 800x600 display and link them with the IMg tags when creating your post.

PM me if you need help.

Jim:
I really like to thank you Jim! I just open my forum and low and behold there is all the pictures!
Thanks
Dennis

Thanks to Jim for helping me with my photos of the boat! You all can see my photos on the first page! Thank you all for all your future help!
Dennis

welcome aboard. thats a nice boat ya got there. cant wait to follow the project.

I had started my converting this boat, here are some photos.
100_0262.jpg

100_0259.jpg

I am going to use these items on the boat also
TallPedestalStand.jpg
I really hope this comes out right. I have a question about measuring the sides for benches and floor. I found out that the floor of this boat has foam under it and it has warp area's. What I need is laying the plywood on the front and back of the seating area. How do I get the correct slopping to the floor? The 3 post switches are going to the front, and the 6 post will go to the rear!
SEACHOICEFUSEDSWITCHPANEL-6GANG.jpg

100_0260.jpg

100_0261.jpg

It has been bad weather and I don't have a garage or shelter to work on it! Also bad weather don't help neck and shoulder and the back. I know want you mean I told my wife , I can't wait until the weather breaks.

100_0260.jpg

100_0261.jpg
I'm at the point of putting the plywood on! This area shown the 2 pictures is the spot I would like have any suggestions, I'm not sure if I should put plywood on the frame where you can't see or put it on anyway! Also the gas can area and battery compartment, should I have 1 full lift door or split the difference and have 2 doors. The color I will be going with is gray paint and capet. I found out that floor is not flat and even, it has high area and low area's. So any help with this tug boat will be helpful!

Latest posts