Lowe Angler 1667WT - 1467WT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlF

Reaction score
First an intro: New to the site, just joined. I grew up in northeast PA in Wayne County along Prompton State Park.
I've lived in coastal Alabama for the last 20 years.
I own a Seanymph 1440 w/an 18 hp nissan 2 stroke, use it for duck hunting & fishing. Owned a Proline 20' CC for 7 years that I used out in the Gulf of Mexico for snapper,grouper, mackarel, etc..
Some Background: Down here the mv jon boat is king, finding a dealer that even sells semi-V hulls is tough. I've decided that since I do a lot of fishing & hunting on open water, like Mobile Bay, I really need a semi-V like the ones I grew up fishing out of up north. They just simply cut the chop better and handle occasional rough water better.
The other requirement is shallow draft, I need to float in 6-8" of water. We fish & hunt lots of large shallow flats.

There is one dealer within 100 miles that sells semi-Vs They are the Lowe brand. I like Lowe, my Seanymph was built by them & I have gotten great service out of it, so I am not worried about quality.
The Lowe Angler 1667WT - 1467WT's have the open floor plan, storage, live well and hull style I am looking for.
However, compared to other brands, the Lowe Angler series have anemic HP ratings. The 1467WT is only rated for a 15hp and the 1667WT is only rated for a 20. Similar hulls w/similar length, beam & weight boats are rated from 25-30 hp.

So, my question for the forum is does anyone have experience with the Lowe Angler 1467WT or 1667WT?
How do they perform with the rated HP, especially loaded?
How much do they draft under fishing/hunting loads (2-3 guys, gear, motor,full fuel, battery, etc..)?
Any insight would be appreciated!
Thank,
Carl

Hey Carl, just thought I'd welcome you to the board. I live across the bay in Fairhope. You're right, dont see many good semi-v tin boats around here, its more either fiberglass or big jons. Wish I could be of more help.

Nice to see more Southern boy joining!!! I posted a responce to you on another one of your post. There are semi-v dealers everywhere on the MS/LA coast and some great deals. I gave around $1400 for a 1448 Alweld semi-v a year ago. I can get you a quote from this dealer if you would like, just look at Alwelds website and tell me what model you want. They are in Picayune,MS and I can make the Spanish Fort Bass Pro in 1 1/2 hours. When you get ready to buy, PM me. I have contacts through out the MS/LA coastal area.

We rented a house in Gulfshores in June. We might get a chance to have a Southern Tinboats meeting :D

Correction, we call semi-v's what your calling MV. I have a modified vee.

My uncle runs a boat that is similar to that. He has a 25hp jet on it and it is great for running the river for steelhead. It handles like a dream in tight streaches of the rivers. Just a little squirrly on big water.