quick question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassSlacker87

Reaction score
I'm new to boating just bought my first jon boat 14'. it is rough but it is awesome i love it but it has a hole in it. i bought some aluminum welding rods and patched it the best they would do. Now i am looking at some putty to put over it to smooth it out and make it look better would you all recomend JB weld waterweld to cover it and to strengthen that spot and to fill in any spts that might leak. I don't want to be out on the lake in my baot and have to swim back.

Use some Duct tape on one side and mix up a little jb weld to fill the low spots. If it starts to run you can add tape to the outside to cover it till it sets. I have used the fast setting jb weld a few times on my boat with excellent results.

fowlmood77 said:
Use some Duct tape on one side and mix up a little jb weld to fill the low spots. If it starts to run you can add tape to the outside to cover it till it sets. I have used the fast setting jb weld a few times on my boat with excellent results.

I agree but I haven't used the exact technique as described here by fowlmood.

I use marine 5200 sealant this stuff is tuff. It will set up and will take a grinder to remove. I get it at lowes but I live on the coast so you might have to find it on the web but it is worth it !!

On the left front at a joint. It is were the straight flat piece were the handle is meets the bottom that rounds up. I bought some of that JB weld waterweld and it seems to have done the job i am letting it set for a day and then going to fill it with water to see if it leaks. [-o<

Latest posts