Alright so i need your help.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doidoimagic

Reaction score
Ok well i have a tracker 12" jon boat 09. I have not done any mods to it or anything for that matter. But i have a problem when i take it places I do not have a trailer and it usually ends up being scratched all over the place and when i go to dock up not really a dock just a small ledge its really shallow like 2 inches and there are rocks and pebbles so when im stepping off it usually scratches it and does small dents. Other forums have told me not to rhino line it cause it makes it heavier and doesnt do much.

So guys can you please help [-o<

Products like Gluv-it or SteelFlex are what you need to look into. They are epoxy coatings that will protect your hull. Welcome aboard!

I wouldnt worry about it. Being able to take scratched & small dents without structural damage is one reason we like aluminum boats. Cant do that with fiberglass!

There's not much you can do to reduce dents and scratches - no matter what you put on it. I do NOT recommend using RhinoLiner, Herculiner, or anything like that on the bottom of your boat.. It will slow you down and it will scratch off after a while too.

there's not much you can do to stop your scratching and denting on a lightweight boat.. I've got a 14' lightweight and someone shot it - well they shot the water and it riccocheted and hit the boat. It didn't put a hole in it, only expanded it out making it look like someone poked their finger with it.

That boat should be fine, as long as you don't intentionally run it into rocks, especially large jagged edged rocks, you should be fine.

Alright guys thanks, how about putting a thin strip of rough rubber through the bottom if i can find a piece you think that would do anything?

Latest posts