New idea for making a front deck template

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
I have a tracker 1436 and thought I would share an easy way to make a front deck template. I am charging my camera batteries and will post some pictures later. Anyway...I bought my wife a new ice box and told the delivery guys that I wanted the box. They thought that this was kind of strange since they take it out of the box before they deliver it.
I cut the box down one of the seams and spread it out over the top of my boat. I taped it down so it wouldn't move and traced the outer contour of the boat all the way around from underneath.. Once I cut it out, I cut the templete in half down the center. Since the boat has the same shape, just narrower as you go down, I overlaped the two pieces until it fit the inter contour of the boat. Then, I tapped the two pieces back together in the middle. It worked like a champ. For those who are not going to buy their wives an ice box. You could probably go to any appliance store and ask them for the box.
Anyway...I hope this helps some one out. I will post pictures later.

Guy 8)

That's a good tip. I was looking for a refrigerator box when I did mine, but ended up doing measurements every 3 inches for the front deck.. needless to say, I have enough room on each side to put Mountain Dews and Plano boxes, so it worked out well for me..

It really is a good idea to have a template for a clean cut job.. can't wait to see pics of your mod on it's way

russ010 said:
That's a good tip. I was looking for a refrigerator box when I did mine, but ended up doing measurements every 3 inches for the front deck.. needless to say, I have enough room on each side to put Mountain Dews and Plano boxes, so it worked out well for me..

It really is a good idea to have a template for a clean cut job.. can't wait to see pics of your mod on it's way

Russ,
how do you post pictures? I have tried everything from a .jpg image, bmp, and img and it tells me it's not allowed.

Guy said:
russ010 said:

Russ,
how do you post pictures? I have tried everything from a .jpg image, bmp, and img and it tells me it's not allowed.

Guy, this link https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3664 should tell you what you need to know.

poolie said:
Guy said:
russ010 said:

Russ,

Guy, this link https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3664 should tell you what you need to know.

Russ,
Sure appreciate your help. I would of never figured this out without the link.
So finally here are some pics so far...https://s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/glandry0/

Latest posts