My First Aluminum Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

set da hook

Reaction score
Hi Guys, New to this group and to Tin Boats. I have learned alot from you guys about tin boats. I just looked at a older model mirrow craft 16' x 5' in v. good condition. It has 4 bench seats and 2 of them have seat mounts, and the 2 seats come with the boat. The trailer is all rewired and in good condition and good tires. The boat can be used right now with really nothing to do to it but clean out some leaves. He wanted 1200.oo for the boat and trailer and his bottom price is 800.oo. So tomorrow I'll pick it up for 800.oo and get some pictures posted. This is really a great group. :lol: =D> [-o< , Thanks to the Big Guy Upstairs

Thanks Waterwings, I think I did get a good deal. If I put a motor on it it wood probibly be a 9.9 or so. But I mainly want to use a trolling, even if I have to carry 2 batteries with me.

ok , i'll try again. Waterwings, i am not sure if i should buy the 16' x 63" mirrocraft or keep looking for a jon boat. most of the only jons i see are 14', any advice. Al

What you buy is surely gonna be your preference. Will a 14' jon suffice for what you want to do (mods, fishing style, etc)? Do you usually have other people fishing with you, how much gear do you take, will you have a livewell, etc, etc.? Sometimes a foot or two of extra length can make a difference in storage room and comfort. Don't get me wrong, a 14' jon is a decent-sized rig, and can provide lots of enjoyable times. :)

I would like to get a 1648 jon if I can find one and I think I'll keep looking for what I want and not be in a rush to buy one. Thanks, Al :mrgreen:

I have a 15 foot jon, and i really like it. IMO width is more important than length. i am having trouble coming up with storage for rods and tackle for that reason. I think waiting to find what you really want is a good decision. Wish i could do it......

I dont know where you are located, but if you are near an Academy you might want to check out their boats. Im pretty sure they sell AlumaCraft. They are mainly in the south, none in my area.

i am in wilson nc about 1 hr south of Va. off I-95, I don't know what the price of used boats are where all of you live but here in NC dealers and private sellers think there boats are gold plated. I am not knocking nc, i love living here but some people and dealers are why to high on there prices. I beleive if you want to sell something make it affordable so it sells.

Latest posts