Alright here's mine and what I want! Need help!! 12ft v

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP58

Reaction score
K guys really like the site!! But now my boat doesn't feel right!! NEEDS MODS!! I really like the set-up on this page. https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=290215

Is it possible for my 12ft Sea King? I'd like just about the same setup. Can it be done and if so, how and where would I start? How difficult would it be? I'm not really crafty but I can follow directions very well. Here are the pictures of her before I bought it. All I've done so far is added A #55 TM, a 7.5 Gamefisher and some use. Got her for $300, with an old 7hp Sea King that I haven't got started yet but haven't really tried. Looks clean but I'm still learning about outboards. What do you think? Any other ideals?

100_2292.jpg

100_2293copy-1.jpg

Would be tight, but something similar could be done. My concern would be lack of space to work with. By the time you made the lockers on the sides large enough to be practical, you would be out of deck space, and would not be able to fish it comfortably.

Yeah i thought it would be tight. Just want it so i have the open space and floor like he does.

If you are not concerned about having the storage along the sides then i would say it would be easy to do. Just remove the middle seat and put a floor in it. Here ia a pic of mine so you can get an idea of what I'm saying

Attachments

• floor support.jpg
    floor support.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 591
  • floor and front platform 2.jpg
    floor and front platform 2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 591
looks like we got the same boat, but our bench seats are alittle different. i think if you added the extra bracing up the sides like he did you'd be fine. I'd like to do it to mine, just havent made a friend that welds aluminum yet

Loggerhead Mike said:
looks like we got the same boat, but our bench seats are alittle different. i think if you added the extra bracing up the sides like he did you'd be fine. I'd like to do it to mine, just havent made a friend that welds aluminum yet

Which extra braces are yopu talking bout?

Well I was worried about taking the middle bench seat out and effecting the structure of the boat. Does it effect your boat at all? I think he was talking about this.
DSC_1250.jpg

Would i have to add this support if I remove my middle and back bench?

those extra braces wouldnt hurt at all. i havent removed my middle and rear seat yet just because i havent had enough work to get the supplies i need to finish it. i think you would be fine removing just the middle seat. i was even thinking about just riviting L brackets to the sides of the boat, and attacting it to the decking frame. seem's like the cheapest way to go for me, and with enough brackets, it should be pretty stiff.

I dont think it effected mine any. I havent had it on the water, but it has been used for years without the middle bench. My boat has braces that are attached to the sides of the boat and the benches, which would be easy for you to install on your boat. My boat stiffened up a lot when I started adding the deck supports.

Latest posts