Thoughts on this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sea-Nymph-Fishing-Boat-Bass-Fishing-Boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63724QQihZ018QQitemZ280159949831QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

May go take a look on Sunday.

It would be a good river boat. the price isnt bad, if everything is as advertised. If you plan on bass fishing, I would look for a customized flat bottom or something with a casting deck and foot controlled trolling motor.

Art

Skillet309 said:
It would be a good river boat. the price isnt bad, if everything is as advertised. If you plan on bass fishing, I would look for a customized flat bottom or something with a casting deck and foot controlled trolling motor.

Art

That's my question how stable the 14 ft v hulls are. Guess I'll keep looking for a flat bottom jon.

i thibk i waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy undercharged for my tin boat..
i sold a 1991 alumaweld 15 ft bass boat with front and rear casting decks
a 9.9 with the 15hp conversion kit from the factoy power tilt and trim stainless steel prop
new tires on trailer for only $900. i threw in 2 etra trolling motors and a eagle fish finder.

oh well I'm a push over

Wayne

redbug said:
i thibk i waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy undercharged for my tin boat..
i sold a 1991 alumaweld 15 ft bass boat with front and rear casting decks
a 9.9 with the 15hp conversion kit from the factoy power tilt and trim stainless steel prop
new tires on trailer for only $900. i threw in 2 etra trolling motors and a eagle fish finder.

oh well I'm a push over

Wayne

man, where was I then! :lol:

I had promised a guy at work over a year ago he could have it and when I got it home and saw the mess it was in I gave him the low price. then I hit it with the power wash and it came out looking good the motor hadb't been started in over 4 years I put new gas in and turned the key and it fired up oh well

I notice you didn't buy it. But, a 14 foot vee is not gonna have any problems with a casting deck. Many 12s will. Our 14 footer was bought to add decks to, but when we bought the alumacraft, we decided we have to sell it.
I would be very leery of that 1969 merc. That was not long after Karl Keikhafer owned the place, and he could be described as a lunatic. The small motors, even up into the 70s, always had corrosion problems. Shafts freezing in their mounts was real common. Also, removing a simple bolt out of one of those now is a real issue too. Plus, mercs never really have been known for their reliability. If you are looking for a small outboard, that is older than about 10 years, you should stay with a twin cylinder johnnyrude (johnson or evinrude) Those motors, specially the ones from the late 70s, and 80s, will outlive most of us on this board. The ones from the 50s probably have a couple decades left. I don't think I can say the same for mercs of that era.

Latest posts