What seat pedestals to buy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
I have been reviewing a lot of pedestals. Just don't know which ones are the best and reliable for my 14ft tracker boat. Any of you guys have any good luck with a certain kind of pedestal and base on your boat?

Guy

Anything aluminum or stainless steel.I prefer the pin style because you can quickly and easily remove the pedestal.This allows for a really low seat while under way and then quickly set up for fishing.

My Grizzly Tracker 1448 AWL came with 2 pedestal mounts factory installed. They are the 3/4 inch straight non locking type, extensions and accessories of many types are available for these mounts. It is very easy to switch seating options with this type of mount and they seem very sturdy.

Rumbles1960 said:
My Grizzly Tracker 1448 AWL came with 2 pedestal mounts factory installed. They are the 3/4 inch straight non locking type, extensions and accessories of many types are available for these mounts. It is very easy to switch seating options with this type of mount and they seem very sturdy.

Concur on the pin type! 8) . My Tracker had the same setup and it was real convenient. If towing a long ways I could easily remove the seats and store them w/o the post in the back seat of the truck until I got to my destination. Always gave me peace of mind (with sets locked up) against theft if I stopped somewhere for a break. My Lowe rig has a different setup whereas the posts are connected to the seat. Easily removed, and I can still store them in the back seat, but I have the seat post to contend with.

Thanks guys...how tall are your posts? I have a 1436 tracker and am building a castiing deck. Are the posts pretty strong? Will they bend or break?

Guy

Waterwings said:
Guy said:
Thanks guys...how tall are your posts? I have a 1436 tracker and am building a castiing deck. Are the posts pretty strong? Will they bend or break?Guy

Don't recall exactly, but the pin-type pedastals I had were around 16" (I think). They were the Swivel-Eze (sp?) brand. cabela's carries the Pin Pedastal type: [urlhttps://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=netcon-cat21336_TGP&rid=&indexId=cat21336&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat21336&id=0001707&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Yahoo&cm_pla=swivel%20eze%20marine&cm_ite=netcon&rid=0180101070502][/url]

I like these...Are these stainless or steel? They look pretty strong and reasonable price. Only 46 dollars for the whole set up.

the threads are steel the tube is aluminum. They are very strong but I had one split at the base it was nasty the guy sat down on the seat and the tube split he went head over heals out the back of the boat. he had a very nasty cut on his arm from the sharp edge of the tube

Latest posts