Livewell questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbaffaro

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my livewell pump with a through hull design. I am going to just by pass my flow-rite valve as it was full of sand and dirt. any good recommendations on what pump to use? I'd like something that is going to last me a while. If I have a through hull pump does it also need a bracket or is the connection through the hull good enough to hold it?

thanks
nick

there are many good live well pumps on the market I have Atwood pumps in my triton I like the fact that the motor can be switched out if it breaks without have to replace the plumbing
I think rule pumps have the same option

the through the hull fitting should be good enough as long as it won't have anything bouncing around it causing it to snap

Wayne

One piece of advice, don't scimp on the through hull fitting. I just changed 10 of them on a Robalo. The ones you get from "box mart" are cheaply made. I went to West Marine and paid a few dollars more. The ones from box mart were less than two years old and would crumble when I touched them (not good 25 miles offshore). Thankfully the one that broke was above the waterline.

Well my flow-rite valve was toast. So what I have done it just made it a aerator pump holder. The cable that ran from the helm to the bilge was toast and the valve it self was full of crud. So no it is just open. Like a 30 dollar T-connector. I am just going to put a plug in my live well and when i want it full put the plug in and when I want it empty pull the plug. So no extra holes drilled in the transom!