12' gamefisher mod help.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogfisher

Reaction score
I just bought a 12' 1977 Aluminum Gamefisher shallow-v. I would like to dress it up a bit.
l_60fa577bc42c4ac486001651c962f434.jpg

I'm gonna take the gas motor off and put a trolling motor on the back. I plan on flattening the floor out with some plywood and carpet. I haven't had it on the water yet but I was wondering how stable it would be with a pedestal butt seat mounted in front of the back bench seat on the wooden floor. Would I be able to stay standing and cast without feeling like I'm gonna tip? Also any tips about turning the bench seats into storage compartments are welcome.

It would feel tippy when standing and casting.I would add swivel seats and pin bases.I don't know if I would put the seats on pedestals.I'd have to get the floors in first and see how close it is to the seats.I do have a question.Why are you dumping the outboard?

i fish out of front oin mine .seat is mounted to bench and i sit up highi have foot control tm in front and i had a stationary rudder made for rear that flips up over rocks and such.i don't use now due to outbard but one place i want to fish does not allow outbards.the rudder keeps rear of boat from dancing all over.

i like that paint job

i usually stand on top of my benches when fishing out of mine. it can be tippy if your partner in crime jolts to a side, but other than that i have no problem wth it. i think you'd be fine if you have alittle balance

It's not that I don't like the paint job but I want to customize it and make mine. As far as the bench seats go, I found out that have Styrofoam inside so I'm not going to consider storing anything inside them.

Latest posts