Removable boat mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifesaball18

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im looking for someway to mod my boat that when i want to go faster i can remove it, b/c weight is an issue in a 12' boat, so i was wondering if any of you know of some links for me, on other "portable" mods, or if anyof you have done it before. Thanks I'm very appreciative!

On the homepage https://www.tinboats.net/ there is an article on building a portable live well.Is there an particular mod(s) you have in mind?There's a write up on here using the oar locks to mount fish/depth finders and gps.

Sorry, i wasnt more specific, im looking to be able to take the decking out of it not a high casting deck but like a mid level floor.

You could build the framing and not attach it to the hull.You could use bolts and wing nuts to make it easier to remove.I know some guys are using carriage bolts and wing nuts to hold the decks on.It's easy to remove without tools.

I also need it to float when i take it out. The whole reason to take the floor out is b/c there are times when i use it for transportation and not just fishing. If that helps some more...