Livewell lights?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigfisherman

Reaction score
I am fixing to buy a 175 bass tracker and would like to know what would be some good lights for the the livewell? I fish alot at night during the summer and I would love to have lights in the livewell.

Thanks,
Brad

I am buying a used 2001 from a guy I go to church with for $5500, the boat has not been in the water 20 times since new and I have used it most of those times. I have been on him for the last couple of years to sell it to me and finally he priced it last Sunday. Thanks fo rthe heads up I saw your boat and I must say it is very nice looking.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad - if you plan you using them for night fishing get a white as well as a red lens. The red lens (or bulb) really helps prevent you from loosing your night vision.

I would still have a white light as well for those times when night vision is not important (like early morning or late evening. Red works great in total darkness but not so well in low light.

Thanks, I think thats the one I will go with right there, they will be out of the so I don't think I would break those or knock them in the livewell.

Those Day-Viz lights always looked nice to me as well, I'm not sure they make a light designed for that, other than that one. If you're real slick, you can get a switch that will turn them on for you when it's opened, then off when closed, like a car door

Day-Viz had to change his name to Blue Water LED for copyright reasons.

https://www.bluewaterled.com/

https://www.day-vizstrips.blogspot.com/

If you use the above link, look for Andy’s boat for pictures of what my rod lockers look like using his products. I don’t have them in my live well and wired mine to stay on when the Nav/Anchor lights are on. Helps keep my glow in the dark lures charged for when I am trolling for salmon in the dark hours.

I am thinking of getting more for under the console. I also put some under the seats so I can find my stuff under there too. He currently offers them in Red, White and Blue colors. If you want something specially made that isn't offered on his site just email him and he will custom build something for you. Mike Daleo (owner) is very easy to get along with and very customer oriented.

I am going with the Bluewater leds for the livewell and I am slso going to get some for the rod locker and the front deck since I fish alot at night. I told santa(the wife) thats what I needed.

jigfisherman said:
I am going with the Bluewater leds for the livewell and I am slso going to get some for the rod locker and the front deck since I fish alot at night.

If you want to know a little more detailed report on how I installed my LEDs in my PT190TX, let me know. As far as getting the ones to light up the front deck I don't recommend the red ones. I've seen some with red and a larger boat can see the red and think they are Nav lights. I would go with the blue ones myself. Actually I used an automotve blue LED strip I got at Walmart and installed it on the Stbd side under the rail in front of the console so I can't see it when running under power. I also put a small strip in the hole the rod tips go in to. I liked the idea of seeing where the tips were going.

Latest posts