Getting there

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb79

Reaction score
My wife had hoped that this project was going to take me a while to finish. I guess that I have been driving her crazy because I have been home so much because of my class schedule (and unemployed). But it was three days from teardown to in the water. I'm still working out some of the kinks. I cut into the back seat through the storage to put my battery. I had to go with an Optima for the clearance to squeeze it in. I'm sure that I will come up with other great ideas everytime that I take it out. Now if I can just figure out how to get these on the gallery.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 926
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 924
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 926
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 924
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 925
a couple of the finished shots. at least for now. For anyone else who is getting ready to do carpet. Dont let your wife catch you with her rolling pin.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 926
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 926
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 926
you did an awesome job I really like the diamond plate on the front deck looks sharp

Wayne

I cut my batteries into the seat from the left storage compartment. This helped to level me out as I am motoring around to the fishing holes. I didnt realize when I was putting everything together that my TM, console, and me would be on the same side of the boat as I was driving. It made it a little lopsided. I have two batt's in there and it made a big difference for staying level. For more storage I'm gonna cut into the middle bench on the top and add another home made hatch.
Im also wondering if anyone here has used these in their rig.
https://www.fishmatepro.com/Livewells.aspx
I could easily fit the 20" and 25" in my rear bench. And they look like decent units for the price, I'd just like to know if you have one or know anyone who does.

Attachments

• post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 916
  • post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,298
Whenever practical, I will recommend using a $50....30 gallon cooler from Walmart. It's usually as big or bigger than any pre fab livewell, is insulated, and has the option of being removed (if that is important to you).

For something built in, the ones in your link look nice, but (to me at least) are pricey.

Brine said:
Whenever practical, I will recommend using a $50....30 gallon cooler from Walmart. It's usually as big or bigger than any pre fab livewell, is insulated, and has the option of being removed (if that is important to you).

For something built in, the ones in your link look nice, but (to me at least) are pricey.

The cooler up front was used as the livewell by the last owner. I filled it with water and motored around and decided that wont work, just too much weight up front. with that said, I'm limited for space in the back by the time I mount seat pedistals. But thanks for the idea on the cooler. A cut in will be more efficient for size and space.

Latest posts