casting deck l1648m

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
hello
I said hi to all last night.I just need to know when installing a casting deck.If it would be best to go port to starboard or forward to aft??
I only want to add about 2' to the factory deck to the 2nd rib so i will have to go port to starboard at that rib. the material i am using is i have 2 7' long pieces of alum u channel about 3/16 to 1/4 " thick. also was thinking about using 1/8" x1 1/2 x 1 1/2" l channel for brace on factory deck screwed /riveted/j-b wield give me so help here.
thank you .

I like aluminum angle 1 1/4x1 1/4x1/8.I prefer aluminum rivets an stainless steel hardware.Anything else will corrode aluminum.Your boat is perfect to deck the way you want to.

next ? can i use auto fuel line i need to run about 12' for tanks in front of boat as fuel line will not be exposed to sun light or dose it need to marine as it is about $30.00 way to high. It will go to 06 merc.4 cy.Dose any one know how far this motor pull from??

I have used auto fuel line without any problems.Make sure to use stainless steel hose clamps.This is mainly because of the aluminum,but I have had steel clamps rust into.

Latest posts