Boat Tool/Supply Box

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
So after my recent mishaps, I'm thinking it might be a wise choice to fix me up a small toolbox with a few tools and supplies that may come in handy in any situation. What do you guys carry on your boat? I've been needing to do this for awhile, but just hadn't done it yet. #-o

Screw drivers (flat and phillips), ratchet, Sockets for motor(s), repair tape, rags, volt meter, adjustable wrench, Flash light. I carry it in one of those dry boxes from wally world.

lineman pliers, needle nose pliers, phillips/flat screwdriver, adjustable wrench, electrical tape, self fusing tape

But unlike you - I don't have a motor on my boat...

I carry
small set of jumper cables 2'
A prop wrench and a block of wood
wire strippers and crimp connections small supply
screw drivers
channel locks
a few hose clamps
fuses
dikes
electrical tape
zip ties
socket set
adjustable wrench
pliers
I also carry spare props one for the gas motor and one for the trolling motor.
I haven't needed the trolling motor prop but have had to change the big prop twice over the years
spun the hub It is a lot easier to do with the proper tools te block of wood helps for that

rcgreat said:
Screw drivers (flat and phillips), ratchet, Sockets for motor(s), repair tape, rags, volt meter, adjustable wrench, Flash light. I carry it in one of those dry boxes from wally world.

Thats exactly what I have! :lol:

Hammer, don't forget the hammer. Sometimes you just gotta beat it into submission. :lol: Oh, and a spare set of spark plugs. But since we're talking tools to bring, make sure (if you trailer your boat) you have a socket (or wrench) to fit the wheel lugnuts and a jack and jack stand that will work with the trailer. Spare tire, spare set of bearings and some bearing grease.

i always have an adjustable wrench, spare sparkplug, phillips and flathead. if i cant fix what broke with those i aint fixin it on the water. in my truck i always have a tool set of all your basic tools for any road troubles

And I am such a hypocrite. I dont have a trailer jack or jack stand. I don't have a socket for my trailer lugnuts and all the tools I have in my boat are a standard and phillips screwdriver an adjustable wrench and a multi-tool. I keep meaning to get all the other stuff together but when the weather is nice enough to do that I either am werking or I wanna go fishing. :?

Popeye said:
I keep meaning to get all the other stuff together but when the weather is nice enough to do that I either am werking or I wanna go fishing. :?

Thats me, I've got several things i've been needing to do with my boat. Need to get a spare tire, and get me a basic tool kit together....but I always end up spending my money on something I want, rather than need. :lol:

Pliers, adjustable wrench, Multi head screwdriver and some electrical tape. I on small lakes 99% of the time so Im always within rowing distance if something major happens.

Latest posts