Landau 1447 Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman47172

Reaction score
Found a Landau 1447 jon at a friends. He wants $200.00 for boat and trailer. Boat is ready to use as a straight jon. It has swivel seats and is rated for a 10hp motor according to the plate. Question is is can a deck be installed safely possible front and rear? This boat from what I can gather is 47" at the top rail and 36" across the bottom with 14" sides. Can it be done?

that would actually be a 1436. if you wanted to put in decks that would more than likely need to be put in pretty low. a high deck could cause some instability

It is a very long and narrow boat. Just want something I can afford but to be able to use for electric only tourneys. I found a site that gave the dimensions and that is what i said. Anyother help as far as how high or material suggestions would be appreciated.

I've got a 1236 jon, but my top dimensions are 54" at the top... I have mine decked, but I didn't go above the top of the bench seats...

I've got a buddy who had a narrow 1432 (32" floor) and he has his decked all the way up to the gunwales (very top of the boat) literally... he doesn't have any problems, but he said it took a while getting used to... I still wouldn't recommend going above the benches though

I agree.I would keep the decks low.I'm not sure I would go to the top of the benches.That boat doesn't have a lot of flare in the beam.

Congrats on the new boat. I also have a 1436 Landau that I've been working on. I haven't floated it with the decks on yet, but you can take a look at my build pics to see what I've done.

https://www.twinforksrodandreel.com/Bass%20Boat%20Conversion%20Page.htm

I figure I should be done in the next few weeks, I'll let you know how she floats then.