My new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
Heres a few pictures of the boat I just picked up today. Freebeeee!
Last year I recoverd a boat floating down the river while I was fishing. It was floating and unoccupied. So I hooked it with my lure and a friend drug it to shore. Another buddy hooked to it with his truck and pulled it up on the bank for me. I called and reported it to the state police, they came and got it. One year later.....nobody claimed the boat, so it was given to me! The last time the boat was registered was 1989 and the Pa Fish Commission does not keep records that long so they were no help in finding the owner! I have no clue what brand it is, all I know is that it is a 12 footer. Anyone have any ideas on the make? Good summer project!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I will update with photos as I go.

Attachments

• Boat 1.jpg
    Boat 1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 884
  • Boat 2.jpg
    Boat 2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 885
  • Boat 3.jpg
    Boat 3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 886
  • Boat 4.jpg
    Boat 4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 885
  • Boat 5.jpg
    Boat 5.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 885
Yea it seems to be in somewhat decent shape and the price was right. I still dont know if there are any leaks around the rivets or seams. When we know theres no rain for a while my brother and I are gonna fill it with water and look for wet spots unless theres a easier way. Theres no water around his house to float it in so filling it is the only way to check it unles theres another way any of you know.

Looks like an old Sears ('75ish). I just got one this winter and it looks exactly the same...

Nice score - put it up off the ground and fill it a few inches with water to check for any major leaks. The minor leaks will find you once you take it out :lol:

Latest posts