1/8 angle aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007NNBS

Reaction score
will 1/8" angle aluminum work for my deck support...it will be 12" OC...im wanting to stay light as i can with the boat...im sure it will just want to get a idea and see how yall feel?

Sounds good as far as your spacing. Are these going to be lengthwise, or crosswise in the hull? How many legs are you planning? I would recommend that if you are running them lengthwise, to run 1 or 2 crosswise connecters. Helps stiffen things up, and gives a little more plywood support.

Its what I used and to Answere your question-NO PROBLEM :wink:

Here's my build https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3586 so you can check out my front deck build. I too wanted to keep it light.

I was 260 pounds last year and had no issues with the floor, no creak or crack. I didn't go all the way to the bow. It has worked and I just vacummed it out back in Jan. everything is still tight and straight, after haveing several hours on the boat the 1/2inch board would have been just as fine. so far No one has insulted the project :lol: only that they would have went further on support-all I can say is my boat is still performing exactly like the day I finished it. Good Luck and Post'em 8)

Latest posts