looking for a boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrawfrd02

Reaction score
Wanting to build a boat with about a 10hp motor on it. Where should i look for a scrap aluminum boat? Junk yard? is 10ft too small? any help would be appreciated. newb here

I can't say I would put a 10 horse on a 10 foot. I would go to a 12 foot.

Are you looking for a beat up boat, or the material to build completely from scratch? I couldn't quite tell from your post.

:WELCOME:

I'd watch Craig's list and the local classifieds in the news paper.I ride through the neighbor hoods around the lakes.Right now people are selling their boats to cover payments and deals can be made.So far I have Roughly $350 in a 10' boat,5HP motor,and trolling motor.Everything is listed below in my signature.I plan to get started in a few weeks and finish.If you have a 10 HP,I would be looking at a 1236 to a 1440 riveted jon.

bassboy1 said:
I can't say I would put a 10 horse on a 10 foot. I would go to a 12 foot.

Are you looking for a beat up boat, or the material to build completely from scratch? I couldn't quite tell from your post.

Ditto - please explain what you are trying to do?

Trying to basicall get a 10" to 12" boat. jon boat or v bottom. Wondering if that can be found for around 200. Wanting to sand it down, paint it, frame a deck on the front, carpet it. put a 10 horse power (sort or long i dont know what i need)? put a swivel seat on the deck that can be raised and lowered... put a seat on the back. and have a trailer on my sports car. This all possible for under 500 you think?

scrawfrd02 said:
Trying to basicall get a 10" to 12" boat. jon boat or v bottom. Wondering if that can be found for around 200. Wanting to sand it down, paint it, frame a deck on the front, carpet it. put a 10 horse power (sort or long i dont know what i need)? put a swivel seat on the deck that can be raised and lowered... put a seat on the back. and have a trailer on my sports car. This all possible for under 500 you think?

It is possible - the most expensive portion will be the motor - you have to really look hard and have patience to find a decent outboard for under $300.00

Where are you located - please update your profile

:WELCOME:

With todays economy, anything is possible. I would also look for a 12 footer. A ten footer is just too small for the stuff you want to do.

Keep an eye out on craigslist, ebay, and local newspapers. I also found that if you drive around and see boats sitting on peoples lawns, chances are they are looking to sell.

FishingBuds said:
here ya go, https://evansville.craigslist.org/boa/1069417617.html

If I had the money I'd pick it up

FB,

You blew the budget

Latest posts