Another Paint Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryA

Reaction score
Would Rust-O-Leum oil based enamel be ok to use for the inside of my aluminum boat? I was thinking of just painting right over what is already there, I see no reason to worry about removing the current paint. There is no pealing or major problems other than scratches and wear and ugly color. With this paint, I can do the inside for about $20.

you'll be fine using that inside... it would be good to scuff up the interior a little bit

when i first got my boat i sprayed the inside with rustolium green. after 2 years it was still going strong, no peals or cracking

pitdog said:
i just painted my whole boat with it.didn't think to ask any one if it would work .geuss i'll just have to wait and see

Hope it works and holds up. After doing some checking, I would think it should. People have even painted cars with it. Most of use have boats that are not in the water all the time. If possible when it's had time to completely cure, I say that a good coat of wax on the outside will help alot.
I figure I'll wait until I do the floor framing / fitting before I do any inside paint. That way I won't be sratching it all up before I even get done. I'll probably just apply with a roller and brush. I use Rust-O-Leum for my trailer and it turned out good with a foam roller. Thanks to all for the replies. I need to also check on what shades of gray are available. I don't want it real light but not real dark either.

Latest posts