Boat covers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fit2btied

Reaction score
Just finished modifying my new Alumacraft mod v 1648 ncs. Looking for a reasonably priced cover to fi tightly without the windshield bulge. amy suggestions guys?[

Are you looking for a costom cover? or something to keep water from pooling?
pictures would help

welcome to the site

Sorry no pics vailable. What i mean by bylgde is there is extra fabric on the cover to accomodat for a windshield on all the covers ive tried. I want a cover that will lie flat acroos my jon. but finding one for the mod v front end has been tough.

fit2btied said:
Sorry no pics vailable. What i mean by bylgde is there is extra fabric on the cover to accomodat for a windshield on all the covers ive tried. I want a cover that will lie flat acroos my jon. but finding one for the mod v front end has been tough.

have you thought about making a support system for under your cover to shape the cover like a dome? then everything will slide off
or you could go to a canvas shop and have one custom made

fit2btied said:
thats a good idea. I have seen one of those supports systems in BPS . looks easy enough to make. Thanks redbug.

I went an even cheaper way I went to a pool supply store and purchased a pillow for under the cover it was $15 for a 3' x 6' pillow i place it under my cover and inflate to the desired fullness The one I have now has lasted for 5 winters..
Wayne

Another idea on a support system...a medium sized (whatever size fits best) traffic saftey cone works wonders. Home Depot has 'em 12", 18" and 28" sizes w/ the 28" priced at 15 bucks

Just my .02.

Lh28

redbug said:
fit2btied said:

have you thought about making a support system for under your cover to shape the cover like a dome? then everything will slide off
or you could go to a canvas shop and have one custom made

Keep looking, you haven't found the right cover yet. They do make a variety of boat covers, yes even for boats without windshields. :mrgreen:

I bought my boat cover from Blains Farm and Fleet, its made by Stearns. I believe it was size AA.

Thanks hanr3. I have tried that one but the bow portion didnt fit correctly. Seemed to be designed more for a v bottom and not the modified v. I see thier jon boat covers come in a 16 foot version but it is for the flat front not the v. I'll keep searching though. Thanks again.

Latest posts